Slovene Chamber of Pharmacies
Slovene Chamber of Pharmacies is an independent organisation whose members are all community pharmacies and hospital pharmacies in Slovenia. It was established in 1992 to protect professional honour, to ensure that professional obligations are met and to protect economic interests of its members.
Every pharmacy in Slovenia is an obligatory member of the Chamber by law and other operators of similar activity can join as a member on a voluntary basis. The highest body of the Chamber is an assembly which comprises of pharmacists that are representatives of each member of the Chamber. Number of representatives depends on the number of pharmacies each member has.
The Chamber is represented by the president who is elected every four years by the assembly. Executive body of the Chamber is managing board whose members are also representatives of pharmacies. There are 12 members of the board; one of them is the president of the Chamber. Other bodies of the Chamber are: supervisory board, court of arbitration and a prosecutor.
The Chamber has three sections, organised according to the status of their members: section of private pharmacies, section of public institute pharmacies and section of hospital pharmacies.
Fundamental tasks of the chamber are the following:
- adopts codes of ethic of pharmacy workers and rules of good pharmacy practice
- takes part in the preparation of legal regulations which relate to pharmacy activities, medicine products, planning of the network of pharmacies and planning personnel needs
- gives opinion on appropriateness of the granting of a concession for performing pharmacy activities
- concludes agreements on behalf of its members on the price of pharmacy services remunerated by Health Insurance Institute plans and monitors apprenticeship, continuous professional development and specialisations of pharmacists
- carries out professional supervision
Slovene Chamber of Pharmacy is an ordinary member of PGEU (Pharmaceutical Group of European Union).
For more information on Slovene Chamber of Pharmacy, please do not hesitate to contact us at lek-zbor(at)lzs.si.